We are pleased to announce that the application process to be a Tackle Your Feelings Psychologist Facilitator in 2022 is now open.
Tackle Your Feelings is a free mental health education program for community AFL coaches, delivered by a local psychologist. In 2021, there were 162 Tackle Your Feelings workshops delivered by more than 80 APS psychologists, reaching more than 4000 coaches from 359 clubs across every Australian state and territory. In 2022, TYF will be available to even more clubs across the country, and the program is seeking enthusiastic psychologist facilitators in a number of specific regional regions (scroll down to the bottom of this page).
|SOUTH AUSTRALIA||Port Pirie|
|WESTERN AUSTRALIA||Bunbury, Carnarvon, Geraldton, Karratha, South Hedland|
|VICTORIA||Bairnsdale, Ballarat, Cobram, Edenhope, Geelong, Horsham, Lakes Entrance, Swan Hill, Warragul, Warrnambool, Yarrawonga|
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a fully AHPRA-registered psychologist with Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Demonstrate mental health experience working with youth and adult clients
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of community sport, in particular AFL
- Have experience in presenting to groups
- Be proficient in the use of technology, such as Zoom, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, and eLearning platforms
- Have availability to deliver programs on weeknights (and weekends if needed) during March to August
- Have the capacity to receive referrals that may flow from participant clubs
- Have an ABN.
The Tackle Your Feelings program administrators will review applications and select candidates to attend training based on fit to these criteria, as well as any other factors and criteria they deem to be relevant. The Tackle Your Feelings administrators will select psychologists at their complete discretion.
Please note, we may already have a psychologist located in your area or we may not plan on visiting your region next year. However, you can register your interest for the 2023 season by emailing your details to email@example.com.
Your role as a Tackle Your Feelings Psychologist Facilitator
If your application is successful, you will be required to undergo free Tackle Your Feelings psychologist facilitator training (Four Quarters of Mental Health for Psychologists) entailing a maximum of three hours online training, and a maximum of three hours face-to-face training.
Once you have completed the training, and passed the assessment, you will become an accredited Tackle Your Feelings Psychologist Facilitator. As an accredited Tackle Your Feelings Psychologist Facilitator you will:
- Receive eight CPD points for facilitation training
- Be paid a fee per session ($400 + GST) delivered in the community on behalf of the program.
- Have your (personal or business) details on local material distributed at program delivery
- TYF Psych Facilitator badge for use on your personal LinkedIn
- Access to webinars with AFL coaches, players and AFL industry experts
Becoming a Tackle Your Feelings Psychologist Facilitator doesn’t create an employment relationship between you and Tackle Your Feelings. The relationship will be one of consignment and collaboration in delivering the Tackle Your Feelings program. There is no guarantee that once accredited you will be selected to facilitate any number of sessions, as selection and scheduling will be at the discretion of the Tackle Your Feelings administrators and determined on the basis of community demand.
We have had an incredible amount of interest in the Tackle Your Feelings program in the past, and the selection process is expected to be competitive.
Before you start, please prepare the following:
- Film a two-minute video explaining why you’d like to take part in the Tackle Your Feelings program
- Prepare a CV of your work experience
To apply, you must download and complete the TYF Pscyh Application – Manual form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV and video. If the video file is too big, you can send it as a DropBox or Vimeo link.
Click here to learn more about the Tackle Your Feelings program.